Responsible Alcohol Service & Sales Training
Amherst Insurance Agency has partnered with TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) to provide cost effective training solutions for Central Insurance liquor liability policyholders. TIPS is a dynamic, skills-based training program designed to reduce drunk driving, underage drinking and intoxication by enhancing the fundamental “people skills” of servers, sellers, and consumers of alcohol. TIPS helps individuals understand the difference between people enjoying themselves and those who are getting into trouble with alcohol.
Employees, managers, and owners who participate in a TIPS training session are able to:
- Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors.
- Recognize signs of intoxication.
- Effectively intervene to prevent potential problem situations.
- Handle refusal situations with greater confidence.
Policyholders that use TIPS benefit immediately by reducing risk and creating a safer, more responsible environment.
TIPS training can:
- Reduce exposure to alcohol liability lawsuits.
- Address alcohol-related issues specific to your environment (tastings, festivals, retail store, on-site restaurant, etc.).
- Reduce penalties for alcohol violations.
- Improve customer service and professionalism.
How Do I Get My Team TIPS Certified?
TIPS is now offering discounts to Amherst Insurance Agency Policyholders. Become a Amherst Insurance Agency policyholder and save on your TIPS server training.
Become a certified TIPS Trainer
An in-house TIPS trainer constitutes a full-time customer service expert who will foster an atmosphere of professionalism, maintain compliance with state and local regulations, encourage teamwork among staff members, and build bridges to your community. Anon-staff TIPS trainer also gives you the flexibility totrain on your own schedule, allowing you to maintain excellent standards even when facing high turnover or gearing up for seasonal challenges.
TIPS Train-the-Trainer Workshop
To become a TIPS trainer, you need to successfully complete a two-day, Train-the-Trainer Workshop. TIPS offers 30 Train-the-Trainer Workshops across the country each month. Once you become a TIPS trainer, each person you train is required to have a TIPS Participant Manual.
Find a TIPS Trainer in Your Region
Some certified TIPS trainers offer their services to wineries for a nominal fee. To find a TIPS trainer in your region, contact TIPS at 800-438-8477.
Offer eTIPS, an Online Alcohol Server and Seller Certification Course
With eTIPS, Amherst Insurance Agency policyholders are able to receive the same quality training that is available in the classroom. eTIPS online training is a self-paced, innovative approach to alcohol server and seller training. Policyholders can purchase pre-paid registrations or simply take the course at www.gettips.com.
- TIPS Train-the-Trainer Workshop: $499 per person
- TIPS Participant Manuals: $16 per manual*
- eTIPS - Online Certification: $40 per person